Dümmen Orange is the world's largest breeder and producer of basic materials for cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants, and perennials. For our Breeding Departments we are looking for a Breeding Intern.
Dümmen Orange grows and blooms! Are you analytically strong, can you report, do you work accurately, and are you studying ecology, biology, or in the agricultural sector? Then we have a fun and very educational internship for you!
Dümmen Orange breeds ornamental crops at several locations in the Netherlands but also abroad. The crops can be divided in bedding plants, tropicals, cut flowers, perennials and bulbs. As a Breeding Intern you will work around different aspects of the breeding process. Most internship projects concern studying flowering plants. Therefore projects on bedding plants and bulbs start depending of the crop in January or March, projects on perennials start in May, whereas cut flowers and tropicals projects can start year round. Our projects need an internship of at least 5 months, and can be applied for most education levels: MBO, HBO/BSc, MSc.
- Improve seed set and test solutions.
- Develop high throughput phenotyping protocols.
- Analyze selection methods for ornamental traits to improve their heritabilities using new protocols.
- Accelerate the breeding cycle by reducing the seed to seed cycle.
- Study flower development to improve time to flower and flower number.
- Develop new protocols concerning pollination techniques and efficiencies for new crops.
Internship locations in the Netherlands:
- De Lier: cut flowers (P.Maris@DummenOrange.com); bedding plants (A.Koot@ DummenOrange.com); tropicals (D.Socquet@ DummenOrange.com).
- Lisse and ‘t Zand: bulbs (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Aalsmeer: Perennials (email@example.com).
- De Kwakel: cutflowers and some potplants (P.Maris@ DummenOrange.com).
- You are currently following a university study in ecology, biology or in the agricultural sector.
- You are eager to learn, dare to take initiative and suggest improvements.
- You are analytically strong, can report on these matters and work accurately.
Dümmen Orange has enormous global ambition. This makes for a vibrant environment in which every department continues to develop in order to achieve its goals. This internship offers you the opportunity to learn and develop in your field. Within Dümmen Orange there is an informal and very accessible atmosphere where cooperation is highly valued. In addition to the assignment, an internship in a versatile department such as this is a unique opportunity to learn more about cultivation, research, and breeding in a large, international company. You will also receive a good internship allowance.
Dümmen Orange is the world's largest breeder and producer of starting materials for flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is approximately 350 million euros. The company has more than 7,300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diverse network of specialized production sites. Key to Dümmen Orange's success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibility and invests in the health, safety, and personal development of its employees.
Would you like to apply for this internship? Then click on the button below. For questions about the internship please contact Jobs.NL@DummenOrange.com
Acquisition in response to this advertisement is not appreciated.