Research Assistant Plant Physiology
Oudecampsweg, 2678 De Lier, Netherlands
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. Our organization grows and flourishes. To strengthen our research department in De Lier, we are looking for a Research Assistant Plant Physiology.
Our organization grows and flourishes, resulting in an interesting and challenging environment. As a Research Assistant Plant physiology, you will assist in the fundamental research that keeps Dümmen Orange on top of the global floricultural market. Your work environment will be multidisciplinary by nature, assuring a motivating and educational surrounding. You will work in close collaboration with other departments such as Breeding, Trait Discovery and Trait Genetics. The core focus of the plant physiology team lays in improvement of product and process innovation. Working on quantification of complex physiological responses to (a)biotic stressors or precision farming will be part of your daily activities.
The ideal candidate should be familiarized with the standard scientific approach, take initiative and elevate the assigned projects to a higher level. Strong internal and external communication are expected, as well as accurate experimental planning and concise documentation according to set milestones. As Plant Physiology thrives on innovation and automation, the assignee should have a strong drive for knowledge and be familiar with basic programming knowledge. In this role, you report to the Research Associate Plant Physiology and are based in De Lier.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Strengthen our freedom to operate through collection of public and private information and processing this through literature reports.
- Design and execute experiments in a timely fashion.
- Collect data in a quantitative manner with respective down-stream processing.
- Data visualization and report writing according to scientific method.
- Manage deadline and update project team in a fixed interval schedule.
- BSc or MSc in Biology, Plant Physiology, Plant Sciences or Plant Breeding.
- Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of Plant Physiology, plant and cell biology and Breeding.
- Familiar with phenotyping methods, plant cultivation, statistics and laboratory skills.
- Analytical mindset, critical thinking skills and drive to automate.
- Motivated and creative with ability to think outside the box.
- Ability to work independently, multidisciplinary and in collaboration.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and communication skills.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 390 million euro. The company employs over 7.500 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Mehdi Massoumi (Technology Lead Plant Life Cycle), via +31 6 83 280 232.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.