Laboratory Assistant Cell Biology
Oudecampsweg 35C, 2678 NN De Lier, Netherlands
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Research & Development department, section Cell Biology & Tissue Culture, in De Lier we are looking for a Laboratory Assistant Cell Biology.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment.
As Laboratory Assistant, you will actively participate in routine Tissue Culture activities within our Cell Biology team. The position offers exposure to the state-of-the-art cell biology and tissue culture technologies applied to different ornamental crops in a competitive and dynamic environment. You will actively take part in a young and dynamic team; good communication skills and team-player mentality are valued in all our lab personnel. The reporting line is directed to Team Lead Cell Biology TA.
Your tasks and responsibilities
You will have the following responsibilities and will perform the associated tasks to fulfill them:
- Efficient and timely execution of routine activities like media preparation, multiplication and maintenance of plants, shipment, etcetera;
- Take part in processing different running projects e.g. in vitro culture establishment, plant propagation, and organogenesis;
- Following process guidelines to achieve the best quality;
- Assisting with protocol applications and process execution;
- Verbal and written report on progress;
- Supporting the Cell Biology team with organization, communication and administration.
- Vocational (or B.Sc.) degree in Life Sciences and/or Laboratory applications.
- Proven experience with several of the techniques described above. Plant tissue culture experience is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player mentality.
- Excellent command of the English language.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 390 million euro. The company employs over 7.500 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Libo Niu (Team Lead Cell Biology TA) via +31 6 48 69 13 90.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.