Breeding Manager Rose
Achterweg 73, 1424 PP De Kwakel, Netherlands
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. To expand of our breeding activities at our Research & Development (R&D) department in De Kwakel (The Netherlands), we are looking for a Breeding Manager Rose.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment. Dümmen Orange centralized its’ global Rose breeding activities in De Kwakel (The Netherlands) and Naivasha (Kenya), and is looking for a full-time Breeding Manager Rose with passion for innovation of products and of breeding processes. As Breeding Manager Rose you will work in a dedicated and highly motivated team developing beautiful new commercial varieties with a combination of unique innovative traits for our customers worldwide.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Provide functional and/or direct leadership to international team of breeders.
- Develop and implement future vision-based crop strategies with clear business objectives in line with Crop Business Plans and technological developments.
- Develop, co-ordinate and execute effective breeding programs based on the Crop Strategy.
- Optimize breeding processes, and strengthen and exploit our genetics base.
- Strengthen the knowledge base of the company and expand our freedom to operate position.
- Team up with Strategic Marketing, Product Managers, Breeding Technology and IT to stay aligned with future market requirements and smart adoption of novel technologies, traits and breeding operating systems.
- PhD in Genetics and/or Plant Breeding, or in related areas within the Life Sciences.
- Innovator, team player, people leader.
- Breeding experience, preferably in a commercial setting.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange follows the Collective Labour Agreement for the Greenhouse Horticulture Sector which offers competitive leave benefits and pension scheme at BPL Pension. We invest in your future by paying a large part (2/3) of the pension premium.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 390 million euro. The company employs over 7.500 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Paul Maris (Breeding Director Cut Flowers) via + 31 6 306 77 300.
The use of an assessment can be part of the recruitment process.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.