Breeding Intern (m/f/d)
47495 Rheinberg, Germany
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Research & Development department based in Rheinberg/Germany, we are looking for a Breeding Intern (m/f/d).
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
We are looking for students (m/f/d) interested in doing an internship within our R&D team at Dümmen Orange to support our breeding activities. Your daily tasks will range from pollination of crossing plants, support with organizational and patent application work, up to involvement in projects. You will take part in a dynamic team of breeding professionals, where proactivity, dedication and conciseness are valued. The minimum internship period is 3 months during mid-April to mid-September 2021.
- Pollination/seed harvest,
- Monitoring and control of pollination success,
- Organizational and data administrative support of the breeding activities,
- Description of plants for plant patent registration,
- Assistance in breeding project work.
- BSc or MSc student (m/f/d) in plant sciences/horticulture or in a related field,
- Good command of English language, both verbal and written,
- Proficient user skills in MS Office, particularly in Excel,
- Enthusiasm for floriculture and breeding activities, proactive and well-structured approach, enjoys working in a (cross cultural) team.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers plenty of room for personal growth and development to its employees and interns. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important. In addition, you will receive an internship fee as renumeration.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7.300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Click on the button below to apply for this internship. If you have questions about this internship, you can contact Arjan Koot (Breeding Manager Beddings), via + 31 6 120 99 500.