Associate Breeder / Breeding Assistant Pot and Bedding Plants
Oude Campsweg 35C, 2678 NN De Lier, Netherlands
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our R&D department at De Lier, we are looking for an Associate Breeder / Breeding Assistant Pot and Bedding Plants.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment. As an Associate Breeder / Breeding Assistant Pot and Bedding Plants you are responsible to breed competitive Pot and Bedding varieties for major markets, and contribute to product development to achieve business objectives.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Preparation and coordination of daily breeding activities with amongst flower trials and diagnostics.
- Collecting and analyzing of phenotypic and genotypic data in our breeding database.
- Reporting on the progress of breeding activities and making recommendations for adjustments and improvement of systems and processes.
- Ensuring the implementation of new developments into the breeding processes.
- Operate, optimize and coordinate breeding and production process in the greenhouse.
- Completed BSc in Life Sciences, preferably in Plant Breeding.
- Good command of the English language preferred, both verbal and written.
- Affinity with breeding processes and systems and an eye for detail.
- Analytical mindset, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and team player facilitating cross-functional collaboration.
- Hands on mentality.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important. We offer a competitive salary and advantageous pension scheme.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7.300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Arjan Koot (Breeding Manager), via A.Koot@DummenOrange.com or +31612099500.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.