Oude Campsweg 35C, 2678 NN De Lier, Netherlands
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Research & Development department in De Lier we are looking for a Laboratory Assistant, from November 2021.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment. We have three laboratories positioned in the BTC, who are expanding their activities.
The position offers exposure to the state-of-the-art laboratory technologies applied to a wide variety of ornamental crops in a competitive and dynamic environment. You will actively take part in a young and dynamic team; good communication skills and team-player mentality are valued in all our personnel.
We are searching for someone with at least two years of work experience where you will be responsible for the daily practical implementation of various tests and techniques. You will be trained in different kind of activities on all the labs like Tissue Culture activities of Cell Biology, activities in the Green Houses for Phytopathology and different kind of tests on the Diagnostic lab like ELISA, Luminex, PCR (conventional and real time) and Selective Plating assays. This all depends on the skills you already possess and where your interest lies.
These tests require accuracy, good planning and administrative skills. In addition to the executive activities in the lab, there is also the possibility to support quality systems such as the implementation of safety aspects (RI&E, chemicals policy, etc.) and further supporting the day to day operations. This makes your job fun, flexible and challenging!
The reporting line is directed to the Team Lead Health Diagnostics, who will keep the overview of the work what needs to be done in the different departments.
Your tasks and responsibilities
You will have the following responsibilities and will perform the associated tasks to fulfil them:
• Efficient and timely execution of activities within the following departments:
- Cell Biology: Media preparation, multiplication and maintenance of stock plants. Taking part of projects like embryo rescue and meristem culture.
- Phytopathology: Support in green house activities.
- Diagnostics: Sample reception, performing diagnostics assays from A to Z. Processing and interpreting data.
- Overall: Support quality and safety systems.
• Supporting the Technology Application teams with planning, organization, communication and administration.
• Vocational MLO or B.Sc. degree in Life Sciences and/or Laboratory applications;
• Two years of proven experience with several of the techniques described above.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Experience with creating safety procedures (ESH) is a pre.
• Experience with QMS systems is a pre.
• Excellent command of the Dutch and English language.
• Available full-time: 38 hours.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7.300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Lennert Aarts (Global Lead Technology Application), via L.Aarts@dummenorange.com or +31 629429866.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.