Coldenhovelaan 6, 2678 PS De Lier, Netherlands
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our IS (Information Services) department in De Lier, we are looking for an IT Engineer.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment.
Our IS department is responsible for all IT systems within Dümmen Orange: their management, implementation and use. An important department within our growing and international organization. As an IT Engineer you have the primary objective to enable the network, servers and other infrastructure elements to achieve the desired service performance parameters. The basic IT environment of our production sites and office locations are used in different locations around the world. The environments uses partly RDS technology including the user desktop experience into the infrastructure environment as well as traditional server and fat Client environments.
You work on the design and maintenance of these environments and prepare and execute changes on the infrastructure like selecting, configuring and installing network, server and desktop components. You also solve incidents and structural problems in these environments in order to achieve high availability, performance, continuity and efficiency of the basic IT environment.
You are part of a central IT team consisting of IT Engineers performing helpdesk, desk side support and 2nd line support located in NL and DE. You also work closely with on-site engineers. Travel to the different locations to give on-site support is part of the role.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Maintaining the back-end infrastructure servers, network & virtual environment.
• Manage and solve incidents, problems, standard and non-standard requests.
• Maintaining relevant documentation (IP plan, network diagrams, work instructions, IT standards).
• Ordering new hardware & software and stock control.
• Executing projects of the IT work plan.
• Preparing and executing RFC’s for the network.
• Executing security management in line with the security policy.
• Execute Standby Services.
• Bachelor degree or above with minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
• Certified IT Professional, Microsoft Server infrastructure & portfolio, Virtualisation techniques (VMWare), LAN techniques, WAN techniques, WiFi techniques, VoIP platforms, IP infrastructure, Desktop equipment.
• Excellent communication skills: towards colleagues, suppliers and consultants.
• Teamwork: contribute effort to achieve a common goal or to complete a task in the most effective and efficient.
• Service oriented: provide excellent services to colleagues.
• Problem Solver: find a solution for problems related to IT work environment. Gather solutions and create SOP’s to inform others.
• Systematic: a systematic approach ensures oversight and control of the requests, incidents and workload.
• Pro activity: prevention of incidents requires a pro-active approach.
• English speaking: The international nature of the company requires English conversational and writing skills.
• German speaking: The international nature of the company values German conversational and writing skills.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7.300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Ron Nieuwpoort (IS Manager), via R.Nieuwpoort@DummenOrange.com or phone number 0174 – 530 100.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.