Research Employee Phytopathology
Oude Campsweg 35C, 2678 NN De Lier, Netherlands
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our R&D Research department in De Lier, we are looking for a Research Employee Phytopathology.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment. To strengthen our multidisciplinary and international Phytopathology team we are looking for a Research Employee Phytopathology.
As a Research Employee you are responsible for making sure our greenhouse and climate cells facilities have the proper conditions for the trials. You will also support the Phytopathology team in all daily work in the greenhouse and climate cells. In this position, you join a team of passionate research assistants and employees led by a team leader, although a large degree of independence is expected from you.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Responsible for maintaining optimal growth conditions for the plants: irrigation, fertilization, scouting, and pest management (biological and chemical).
• Support the execution of routine experiments from start to end: material preparation, inoculation, plant maintenance, evaluation, and discard.
• Perform routine checks to ensure climate conditions are running as set in the greenhouses and climate cells and help solve technical issues in these facilities.
• Work in close collaboration with the R&D operation teams.
• Administration of data via Excel or breeding software.
• You have completed a MBO study in the ‘green’ sector (MBO = secondary vocational education) and have some experience in greenhouse horticulture.
• You are handy and organized, have attention for details, and are able to work independently within a team.
• You are proactive, analytical and have a critical mindset with strong problem-solving attitude.
• You are curious and willing to learn new things and further grow inside the organization.
• You have computer skills which include Microsoft Office.
• You are in possession of a spraying license and forklift certificate, or are willing to obtain it.
• You are able to communicate in English and knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7.300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Laura Bautista Jalon (Team Lead Phytopathology), via L.BautistaJalon@DummenOrange.com or 0174 – 530 100.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.