Research Assistant Plant Physiology
Oude Campsweg 35C, 2678 NN De Lier, Netherlands
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. Our organization grows and flourishes. To strengthen our research department in De Lier, we are looking for a Research Assistant Plant Physiology.
Our organization grows and flourishes, resulting in an interesting and challenging environment. As a Research Assistant Plant Physiology, you will assist in the fundamental research that keeps Dümmen Orange on top of the global floricultural market. Your work environment will be multidisciplinary by nature, assuring a motivating and educational surrounding. You will work in close collaboration with other departments such as Cell Biology, Trait Exploration and Trait Genetics. The core focus of plant physiology lays in the production of rooted and unrooted cuttings but more general aspects such as plant life cycle duration and physiological responses to (a)biotic signals are within scope.
The ideal candidate should be familiarized with the standard scientific approach, take initiative and elevate the assigned project to a higher level. Strong internal and external communication are expected, as well as accurate experimental planning and concise documentation according to provided milestones. As Plant Physiology thrives on innovation and automation, the assignee should have a strong drive for knowledge and be familiar with basic programming knowledge. In this role, you report to the Technology Lead Plant Life Cycle and are based in De Lier with flexibility to travel to other company locations in North- and South-Holland.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Strengthen our freedom to operate through collection of public and private information and processing this through literature reports.
• Design and execute experiments in a timely fashion.
• Collect data in a quantitative manner with respective down-stream processing.
• Data visualization and report writing according to scientific method.
• Manage deadline and update project team in a fixed interval schedule.
• BSc or MSc in Biology, Plant Physiology, Plant Sciences or Plant Breeding.
• Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written.
• Knowledge of Plant Physiology, Breeding and Genetics.
• Familiar with phenotyping methods, plant cultivation, machine-learning, image analysis, statistics and general laboratory skills.
• Analytical mindset, critical thinking skills and drive to automate.
• Motivated and creative with ability to think outside the box.
• Ability to work independently, multidisciplinary and in collaboration.
• Excellent written, interpersonal and communication skills.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7.300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Mehdi Massoumi (Technology Lead Plant Life Cycle), via +31 683 280 232.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.