Research Associate Cell Biology
Oude Campsweg 35C, 2678 NN De Lier, Netherlands
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. Our organization grows and flourishes. To strengthen our research department in De Lier, we are looking for a Research Associate Cell Biology.
Our organization grows and flourishes, resulting in an interesting and challenging environment. With your background in Cell Biology, tissue culture techniques, experimental design, statistics and project management, you contribute to improve the Dümmen Orange breeding programs worldwide by designing and executing cell biology projects. As a part of a technology development team, you will be working not only as a part of collaborative team but also on specific and personal-initiated projects. Daily activities are dynamic, ranging from office based tasks to hands-on activities in the laboratory. You work both independently and as a part of a team within and between disciplines (including Cell Biology, Genetics, Trait Discovery and Breeding). You manage a network of stakeholders within R&D but also breeders of different ornamental crops. In this role, you report to the Technology Lead Plant Life Cycle and are based in De Lier with flexibility to travel to other company locations in North- and South-Holland.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Writing and managing project plans independently.
• Designing, executing and analyzing data.
• Reviewing scientific literatures and writing detailed protocols.
• Being able to analyze experimental data using statistical programs.
• Interpret the results obtained from experiments and writing the scientific based-report.
• Support other activities and research assistants in the Cell Biology lab.
• Being able to present the results within R&D department.
• MSc degree plus work experience in Cell Biology or other plant sciences including Biotechnology, Molecular Biology or Molecular Breeding.
• Experience with experimental design, data collection, visualization and statistical analysis.
• Having worked with diverse array of tissue culture techniques, plant regeneration, callus induction, protoplast isolation, overcoming pre- and post-fertilization barriers etc.
• Able to manage a diversity of activities and communication with stakeholders.
• Able to work independently and in collaboration with other colleagues inside and outside the Cell Biology team.
• Analytical and critical mindset with strong problem solving, practical and pro-active attitude.
• Excellent communication skills within multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
• Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7.300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Mehdi Massoumi (Technology Lead Plant Life Cycle) via +31 683 280 232.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.