Breeder Cut Chrysanthemum
Oude Campsweg 35C, 2678 NN De Lier, Netherlands
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. To expand of our breeding activities at our Research & Development (R&D) department in De Lier (the Netherlands), we are looking for a Breeder Cut Chrysanthemum.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment. Dümmen Orange centralized its’ global Cut Chrysanthemum breeding activities in De Lier (the Netherlands) and is looking for a full-time Breeder with passion for product innovation and breeding processes. As Breeder Cut Chrysanthemum you will work in a dedicated and highly motivated team developing beautiful new commercial varieties with a combination of unique innovative traits for our customers worldwide.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Develop, co-ordinate and execute an effective breeding program based on the Cut Chrysanthemum Crop Strategy resulting in varieties that meet the market requirements.
- Optimize breeding processes, and strengthen and exploit our genetics base.
- Team up with Strategic Marketing, Product Management and Breeding Technology to stay aligned with future market requirements and smart adoption of novel technologies and traits.
- Strengthen the knowledge base of the company and expand our freedom to operate position.
- MSc or PhD in Genetics, Plant Breeding, or in related areas within the Life Sciences.
- Excellent communication skills and a good command of the English language.
- Innovator, team player, hands on mentality.
- Breeding experience, preferably in a commercial setting.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7.300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Paul Maris (Breeding Director Cut Flowers) via + 31 6 306 77 300.
The use of an assessment can be part of the recruitment process.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.